The First World War… The rider returns from reconnaissance. The location of their own is already close, a little more and it will be possible to transfer the information received to the headquarters, relax, receive congratulations, but … a stray enemy bullet and a horse under the rider falls.
A man descends next to the horse, the horse is wounded. They wait for darkness and after waiting, they go to their own. Half a kilometer with a wounded horse in his arms, just to save the horse's life.
Such is Zass Alexander Ivanovich in ordinary military everyday life.
A man known to contemporaries as the "Iron Samson" and as the strongest man on the planet.
He was born in 1888. As a child, he was not distinguished by the physique of a strongman, and, most likely, did not aspire to fame as a circus athlete. From a short, not having clearly expressed muscles, the strongest man on the planet, he made himself, at the same time creating isometric gymnastics – a manual with which everyone can become strong.
Time passed, many of Samson's circus acts could not be repeated, and isometry suddenly began to arouse the practical interest of the most ordinary people, like gymnastics for the house.
The basis of isometry is the author's thought: "I do not believe in large muscles if there is no tendon strength nearby." Isometry and is aimed at developing the strength of the tendons. The muscles in the exercises do not contract, but only tense, the exercise has no dynamics, only effort.
Exercises do not involve muscle relaxation, so that the muscles do not forget to relax before training (maximum duration of 25 minutes), a warm-up is done, after each exercise muscle tension is relieved by shaking or other action that relieves tension. Gymnastics ends with self-massage, in which special attention is paid to the tense muscles.
Another drawback of the system proposed by Samson is related to the fact that strength manifests itself exactly in the position of the body in which it is at the time of training.
An ugly mountain of muscles, so characteristic of "pitching", isometric gymnastics does not create. I don't think it's a disadvantage to have the power itself instead of its external illusion, but there's no arguing about tastes.
Although Iron Samson showed what miracles male physical strength can create, a modern woman does not lag behind the stronger sex and includes isometric exercises in her exercises. For example:
- Sitting on a chair with a straight back, hold the seat with your hands and try to tear the chair off the floor, of course, with you. 3 seconds will be enough for a start to make sure that there are no Barons of Munchausen among us, especially since we press our heels into the floor with all our might, or is there little that suddenly there?) Gradually, the time to raise yourself increases.
In isometric gymnastics, there is a simple formula: muscle tension time is 8-10 seconds at 70% of maximum strength, 4-6 at 80-90% of effort and 2-3 seconds at 100%. Naturally, in the process of training, your capabilities increase and, accordingly, time or load may increase. Repeat the exercise 2-5 times.
- An exercise that can be done lying in bed or on a mat, a pity a warm-up is necessary before classes, otherwise you could immediately, barely stretching your eyes, think about the beauty and strength of your hips. It is performed simply: one leg lies on top of the other, the muscles of the lower tense trying to lift up both. The upper one, of course, does not give up and presses, calling on the help of all the force of universal gravitation. Then they switch places. Victory goes to you, whatever you say, and the hip line is one of those mysteries that attracted both theorists and practitioners who study universal gravitation. The mystery has not yet been solved, and is on terra incognito along with the tricks of Iron Samson.
- Lying on your back, throw your arms up and lift your upper body, finding yourself in the position of a sitting doll with your hands raised up. We rise slowly, gradually the doll can lift something corresponding to the capabilities of your abs. If suddenly it turns out that your abs can not lift your body, just apply the maximum short-term effort, after a while everything will work out. Simpler options: hands behind the head, hands along the body.
- Do not forget that the neck also needs a load. Press your head into the pillow, observing the time-effort ratio.
- We sit at the table and lift it with the thumb of the leg extended forward, this increases the knowledge at the desk, this increases the attractiveness and strength of the hips and calves, so you can laugh with fright if the table suddenly decides to give in to your strength.
- Are you still not happy with your hips? Stand in the doorway. Tiptoe up, raise your hands, lift the jamb up, increasing the space above your head. Exercise for the hips, calves and shoulders.
- More? Sit down, spread your knees, rest your hands in them, your knees tend to connect, your hips and arms interfere with them.
- More? Standing against the wall, with your hands spread shoulder-width apart, rest against the wall. The right leg is bent at the knee, forming a right angle between "above the knee" and "below the knee". The right foot rests on the floor with the toes and the front of the foot surface, the left is straightened and the knee is turned to the side. The load lasts about 6 seconds. Then the muscles relax and the exercise is repeated with a change in the position of the legs. I think exercises for beautiful hips for the first time are enough?
- Okay, let's remove the belly. Against the wall, we get on one knee, not attaching it to the wall, the foot rests on the fingers and the front of the foot. The other knee will be pressed against the wall, and the whole leg is below it, preferably also with an elongated toe. Resting your hands on the wall, freeze for 6 seconds in a pose: your hands press on the wall, your leg, spread across the wall, tend up.
Almost the same posture helps to strengthen the inner part of the thigh: raising the leg bent at the knee along the wall, lift your arms up with force. The position of the back, unlike the previous version, is straight. Freeze with your hands reaching upwards for 6 seconds, relieve tension in the muscles and repeat, changing the leg.
Performing isometric exercises, you feel muscle tension, correctly or incorrectly performed exercise, you can judge by which muscle makes the main effort or, accordingly, a muscle group.
- Posture, straight back is the core that will always support you in the most difficult and risky moments of your life. Perhaps you don't pay enough attention to your back? Try between the hustle and bustle and during gymnastics at home to bring the palms of your lowered hands behind your back. Hold each other's indented palms for a few seconds tense. Easy, simple, but perfectly relieves fatigue after the labors of sedentary people, exercise is also suitable for the prevention of correct posture.
- Shall we deal with the upper torso? Then back to the door, standing in the opening on a flat surface, press with both hands into the right and left doorjamb, increasing the space between them.
- An exercise that also forms a beautiful chest: move away from the wall for two feet, rest your arms spread to the sides on the wall, feet pressing on the floor, hands tending to each other.
- Sitting on a chair, stretch your arms forward, intertwine your fingers. For 6 seconds, press your fingers on each other, then, relaxing the muscles, lower your hands down and shake your hands slightly. Inhale and exhale several times. Repeat the exercise 2 more times.