Diplomatic reception. Strict clothes. Strict faces. Greedy journalists and paparazzi. And they themselves do not yet know what awaits them there, in the future. He should. She should. Each of them represents the interests of a large group of people. Each of them does not need the cheap fame of the "star", who has already starred in all kinds in all magazines for men and rich housewives. They are not interested in how their relationship will develop in the yellow press and in the kitchen. No extra glance, no extra gesture – nothing that would go beyond the protocol… And yet they are together… There is one small elegant thing that unites them even here. So small and elegant that it can not be caught by the brightest flashes of cameras, aimed at television cameras … Of course, you guessed it. The general smell, almost elusive, common, but not the same, because she is her, and he is him.
I used to think about how and who could pick up my perfume. If someone else picks them up, then of course they will like my smell, and I? If I like my smell, then… If you have "someone else" that their opinion of your individual unique smell is as important to you as your own – this article is for you.
It turns out that you can make perfumes yourself, but it is much more curious to make them together, I was not mistaken in you?
To begin with, let's decide what to take as a basis: alcohol or jojoba oil? In the first case, we will get the usual in appearance and consistency perfumes that can be applied to hair and clothes, in the second – perfumes that retain the smell longer, do not lose the healing properties of essential oils and emphasize your individuality, interacting with the skin. By changing the amount of jojoba oil, we can make a massage oil with our own hands. Uh… stop, first the theory, then we can give free rein to our imagination.
How to Make Perfume
- 1. We will need long, narrow strips of well-absorbent paper, 10 inches long.
- 2. We will need essential oils that suit us, that we like. At first, those that exhale very, very slowly – they will be the main smell, in the language of perfumers "main note" or "plume". I like the word "plume" and its idea so much: I am no longer there, and the smell of my perfume is still floating, still swirling in space.
Which broadcasts to choose? Is it probably easier to pick up the smell of men's perfume? I wonder what oils, according to the idea of perfumers, a man should smell in the XXI century?
Having answered this question, we can continue. I settled on champion from the 2010 Davidoff collection. A very simple composition, which is quite reproducible at home. Why not give it a try?
Top note: bergamot, lemon
Heart note: galbanum, clary sage.
Main sheet music: oak moss, cedar.
- 3 . We check whether there are any contraindications in all essential oils.
- 4. We check each oil for individual intolerance.
- 5. On the strips we apply a drop of essential oils of the main note, in our case oak moss and cedar. The stripes are immediately signed.
- 6. Bringing them to ourselves and pushing them away, we determine the ratio of oak moss and cedar in the finished aroma. Write down the ratio. As a rule, 1-3 drops of oil are used for the sample.
- 7. On the strip, mix oak moss and cedar in the selected ratio. Our first task is to understand whether we like the combination of these two fragrances, whether it fits the image of the man who will use these perfumes. In what ratio will both fragrances be in the finished perfume. Only after determining, mix both oils in very small quantities. You will have to wait at least half an hour to make sure that the selected number of drops is correct. The main note appears last and sounds long. We make adjustments, if, of course, we want to change the ratio.
- 8. Now you can repeat the actions, manipulating with strips of galbanum and clary sage. We move in the opposite direction, answering the question of what smell preceded the main one that came before. We have three stripes: the main note, galbanum and clary sage. Again, we make up the proportion of smells, but this time the notes of the heart. We write down, try, make a strip of heart notes and wait again. Now you can already feel the change in aroma from the heart note to the main, from sage, galbanum to cedar and oak moss. But it's too early to enjoy, and wait half an hour is too long.
- 9. How did it all start? Davydov offers bergamot and lemon as the top note. A great sense of cheerful optimism doesn't hurt. We add it to our aromatic composition, first separately the top note, and then connecting all three. The last piece of paper connects all the drops and… you can inhale successive smells.
- 10. Unfortunately, and maybe fortunately, the finished perfume fragrance is not quite the same as in the perfumer's laboratory. The oils should be mixed and infused.
- 11. If you use oil as a basis, preferably jojoba, it is closest in composition to our skin, then the perfume will be ready only in 2 weeks, if the basis for the perfume is alcohol, then you can monitor the change in smell for a whole month. The ratio of essential oils and base oil is about 10 drops per 10-30 ml base. With alcohol 10 drops per 10 ml of alcohol, eau de toilette is diluted with 100 ml of alcohol. Try a more concentrated version, then add more oil or alcohol.
- 12. Also, of course, I wonder if the basis of the male perfume will be gin, rum or some other strong alcohol? After all, where can you find it in our time 90% pure alcohol.
- 13. Spirits ripen in a dark place, cool and without temperature changes, they can be touched, smelled, shaken, they are created for attention, mood, joy, and the process of their creation involves, respectively, attention and joy, curiosity and anticipation of what will happen tomorrow …